Some great tips for enjoying great cheese.
- People have been eating cheese as long as 7500 years ago !!
- A cheese knife with holes is for soft, gooey cheese.
- Give it time! Cheese is best enjoyed at room temperature.
- The crunchy bits in aged cheese isn't salt - it's Tyrosine - an amino acid present in Casein (milk protien) which collects as tiny crystals during the aging process
- Cheese lovers are known as "Turophiles
- The eyes in Swiss style cheese are made by the carbon dioxide bubbles created by the bacatria used to make the cheese.
- Cheese is often best enjoyed closest to the 'Best Before' date.
'Best Before' vs 'Use By'
More interesting facts and FAQs
Lactose Intolerance and Cheese